Sunday, August 21, 2016

PotStock Welcomes Danielle O'Malley

PotStock opens its seventh year with guest ceramicist Danielle O’Malley of Montana. “I grew up in a rural environment, spending my childhood exploring the woods, gardening, swimming, and prodding through tide pools in search of unknown treasures, and this molded who I became as an artist. I am drawn to the same activities in my adulthood, and am constantly curious about the phenomena in the natural world. My travels inspire me through interactions with new plants, animals, and environments. I am attracted to natural forms because of the movement, fragility, fluidity, and tactile qualities they possess. I strive to have my work reflect these characteristics as I explore the concept of relationships, and how narratives are created through gesture, interaction, and proximity,” according to O’Malley.

She and MSU faculty and students will give ceramics demonstrations Sept. 22-24 outside the north entrance to the MSU Student Center. Anyone can sit at a potter’s wheel and attempt to throw a vessel with direction from PotStock guests. O’Malley will give a presentation of her work Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. in Aleshire Theatre. Her art will be available for purchase at the event.





No comments: